Thursday, January 5, 2012

Arrivé

This is a couple of days in retrospect actually.

I woke up around 0615 on the 2nd, showered, ate, packed up my last view things in my backpack and then headed out to the airport. Said bye to the family there and headed out to my flight in Atlanta.

In Atlanta I had maybe a half hour layover and then flew into NY-JFK.

JFK's wait was long to say the least. Because I'm military I got into the Admiral's Club for free. Kyle and Marcus joined me there. We ended up watching football, having a few drinks, and I played Kyle in chess a few times.

Almost miraculously, American upgraded us all to business class for the flight to London Heathrow so we got to hop the pond in style. Really the only difference was a little more attention from the staff, more space and personal tv. (Which is big I guess) I ate my dinner and then watched the movie "Raging Bull" (such a manly film) before catching a couple hours of sleep.

In London our flight was delayed because our aircraft was delayed from Amsterdam into Heathrow due to some shitty weather in England (surprise!) so we went to the British Airways lounge and hung out there for a bit. We finally arrived in Paris around 1700 so we missed our original train we had planned to take. We eventually ended up taking the 1907 train in first class because that's all that was left.

We came into Lille at La Gare-Lille Europe and from there I parted ways with Marcus and took a cab to my host family's home in the center of the city. I arrived just in time for dinner. We had cheese :-P

After dinner I showered and then collapsed. A LONG day- or two. Whatever it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment