Sunday, January 15, 2012

La marché et dimanche

I didn't go out last night so I was able to wake up at a reasonable hour (9h45). I got up and headed out to Wazemmes, which is the cities Arabic quarter, to visit the open-air market.

All and all it was pretty neat. They were selling EVERYTHING, fruits and vegetables, clothes, shoes, candy, fabrics, etc. You could even buy a whole roast chicken (which smelled SO GOOD). I bought some bananas to keep in my room and had a cup of soup from one of the food vendors because it was pretty chilly and the soup warmed me up nicely. After wandering around a bit I headed back home and relaxed a bit before walking down Rue Royale and into Vieux Lille to explore a little bit. On my way back home I went into Printemps, a French department store, and looked around in the men's section for awhile. I almost bought another cashmere sweater but most everything was either expensive as hell, or on sale but XXL (or the appropriate size and gray). I may go check out the Lafayette this next week and see what they have.

Otherwise, another quiet day. I took the day off from working out and am going to lift tomorrow. Tonight will probably be dedicated to working on my translation for Madame Bray due Thursday so I can go over it with my French partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment