Saturday, January 7, 2012

C'est la vie

I woke up this morning around 0630 and went for a run that turned out to be just over 5 miles. It was pretty neat. Since we're so far north the sun doesn't rise until around 8. Near where I live it was pretty quiet, only a few cars and people out and about. As I approached the edge of downtown it became more lively as it became later in the morning and commuters made their way into the city. Got back and showered/ate before heading to the university to sign up for classes.

I'm taking a bunch of classes which I don't feel like going into detail about here. 18 hours per week at the moment which means I could get 6 class credits at West Point if I pass all of them.

After class sign-up I went to lunch with some of the other exchange cadets at the university's dining facility. Then I went home and at 1500 went to the gym with Marcus and we lifted some weights. Thinking in kilograms is a pain in the ass. After lifting I came home and showered and then took a nap before dinner.

Dinner was the usual affair in the d'Ardhuy family except that today was l'Epiphanie (which celebrates the visit of the Magi to Christ after his birth, as Mme d'Ardhuy had Pia explain to me) as well as Gaspard's (whom, at the age of 3, is the youngest child in the family) name day. I explained that my family is Protestant and then explained Episcopalian to COL d'Ardhuy because they were not familiar with it as a denomination of Christianity (c'est le version americain d'église de Angleterre). To celebrate the family had un gateau de roi. Aliénor found the figurine in her piece so she got to wear a little paper crown and they made her drain a glass of water while the family chanted bois. It was pretty interesting and I'm starting to catch more and more of the family conversations so I'm pleased with that.

After dinner- Marcus, Matt, Randi, Ingrim, Vanessa, Janet, myself, and a French student named Alex went out on the town to some bars. A fun time was had by all I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment